Where did the inventor go?
Patents were once something of value, something of prestige created by inventors. Benjamin Franklin, Nikola Tesla, and Thomas Edison were known for changing the course of human history and driving innovation through patents. At some point, the inventor ethos went away. The reason for it lies within a broken patent system with few ways to buy and sell patents and even fewer ways to correctly value them.
What is Kyna?
The complexities of the patent world are lost on the majority of corporations, startups, and individual inventors, alike. We set out to simplify the buying and selling of patents, turning an intangible asset into something real and something to generate revenue from.
The knowledge Economy Needs A Tradable Asset.
How do we do it?
Kyna utilizes blockchain technology to turn patents into "tokens". These patent tokens come with real value that are easily monetized and tradable for buyers and sellers. This process turns intangible patents into something real, something to generate revenue from.
Who is it for?
PATENT BUYERS (ENTERPRISES AND PORTFOLIOS)
- Robust marketplace of patents for purchase from corporations, startups, and individual inventors
- Expedited transactions
- Turns patents into something tangible that can easily be understood as a revenue generating assets for executives and business people.
PATENT SELLERS (ENTERPRISES, STARTUPS, INVENTORS)
- Open and transparent marketplace creates a true market value for patents eliminating costly patent valuation
- Peer-to-peer transactions eliminate brokerage fees of 35%
- Turns patents into something tangible that can easily be understood and sold